Welcome Groves Academy Parents!
Groves Academy is pleased to offer to its parents access to information you need to manage your relationship with the school. On this page, you'll find links to key documents and important information you can use everyday. Check back often for updates.
Groves Parent Portal Log In:
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 3:00PM
Main Phone Number & Attendance Contact
Groves Academy Drive-Thru line information
Please view our recently updated driving directions for the best way to get to school, leave school, and how to do student drop-off and pick-up.
ASA MINI SESSION REGISTRATION FORM - Opens Mon 11/16 @ 11:00am
Upper School Parents Workshop:
On Sept. 18, 2018 Groves Academy and Executive Function and ADHD Coach Holly West Jones presented
Brain School: Parenting Your Child or Adolescent from a Developmental Perspective
Click player to view video
Busing and Carpool information Please contact Amy Luffey with questions at 952.920.6377.
Faculty & Staff Directory
All Groves Academy Faculty & Staff
The student/parent/family directory is online and available through the Parent Portal. This directory is coming soon.
2018-2019 Student Handbook
2018-2019 Curriculum Guide
All Groves students have a membership to Learning Ally - a helpful assistive technology application and the world's largest collection of audible books.
ACT Registration: The student will need to log on to www.actstudent.org and register for a test. During the registration process, the student will be asked if they need accommodations to access our test. They will say yes and then choose “special testing” which is extended time over multiple days. Approximately 48 hours after the registration has been completed, the student will receive an email that they will need to forward on to Ms. Jonas (email@example.com) so that the school can request accommodations for the student.
Groves Parent Organization
Click Here for More Info and GPO Calendar of Events
GPO is the parent volunteer organization at Groves Academy. Its mission is to bring families together and build community by encouraging and supporting Groves friendships, both parent and child, through fun and fellowship. This promotes a sense of community among parents and families of Groves Academy through school and social events.
Groves School Store
The school store provides a safe environment for the students of Groves Academy to hang out and purchase snacks. It also is a place for students to socialize with others and to bring the school together as a whole. The school store also provides a place for students to learn about the working environment. More information here.
Music Lessons for Groves Students - Voice, guitar, ukulele, and piano lessons offered.
Speech-Language Services at Groves offer a holistic approach and help individuals communicate clearly and confidently. Certified speech-language pathologists provide assessments and specific treatments for a wide range of speech and language needs including receptive/expressive language, social skills, speech articulation, stuttering, and augmentative and alternative communication. Groves Academy students who are interested in speech and language evaluations and/or therapy should contact Meghan Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-915-4267 for more information.
PACER Center STEM programs - The PACER Center offers Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs for children.
School Tours and Information Sessions for Potential Parents: Groves Academy school tours are a good way for current Groves families to introduce our school to their family and friends who are interested in learning more about the transformative work we do. Tours and panel discussions relevant for families interested in both summer programs and our school admissions processes.
Tour dates this year:
2018 dates: 11/7, 12/5
2019 dates: 1/9, 2/6, 3/6, 4/3, 5/1
More Info: https://www.grovesacademy.org/about-groves/request-information/.
Staff to Get to Know at Groves Academy
Amy Luffey: Amy has been part of the Groves Academy staff for 18 years. She enjoys being a part of a positive transformation in a child's life. Amy is located inside the main office. Amy has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. Some of the ones most helpful to know about for you as a parent are:
- Attendance: Groves Academy accounts for all students by 8:45AM. Amy encourages all parents to save the main phone number (952-920-6377) in their cell phones so they can call and let her know if their child will be absent, if they have an appointment, or will be late (no later than 8:45AM). Parents can leave a voicemail prior to 8:00AM or also email Amy this information. Amy relays this information to the student's teachers.
- Student-Parent Communication Liason: Amy serves as a liaison between parents and teachers and parents and their children throughout the school-day by relaying messages.
- Transportation: Amy helps with coordinating transportation, carpool routes, and busing schedules.
- After School Activities: Amy assists Curtis Olufson with the coordination of the ASA program.
- Health Office: Amy assists the nurse at Groves Academy. If you cannot reach Nurse Kelly, you can always relay a health message to Amy.
- Reception: Amy answers the majority of the incoming phone calls at Groves Academy.
Nurse Kelly: Groves Academy has a licensed practical nurse, Kelly Hopkins, who is current on the necessary certifications – i.e. First aid, CPR, and AED. The health office at Groves Academy provides preventative health services to student and staff ensuring optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. The school nurse supports the education process by working with other staff at Groves Academy to ensure the health of all students. Some of the duties the nurse provides are:
- First Aid: Performs minor first aid and treatment as needed.
- Medication: Coordinates and administers medication for students with a doctor’s order, and provides over-the-counter medication with parent permission.
- Medical Records: Maintains records regarding immunizations, medications, sports physicals, etc. for each student.
Nurse Kelly can be contacted directly at 952-915-4264.
Paula Sundberg: Paula has been the Office Manager for six years. Paula sits just inside the main office. Paula has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. Below are a few that are helpful for you to know:
- Executive Director's Assistant: Paula manages John Alexander's calendar. Please contact Paula to schedule a meeting with Mr. Alexander.
- Head of School's Assistant: Paula manages Kim Peeples' calendar. Please contact Paula to schedule a meeting with Mrs. Peeples
- Institute for Professional Learning Assistant: Paula manages Katharine Campbell's calendar. Please contact Paula to schedule a meeting with Mrs. Campbell.
- Student Records: Paula manages the student files.
- Groves Parent Organization (GPO): Paula supports Lynn Giovannelli and Joanna Lockram with this volunteer parent group as needed.
- Reception: Paula assists in answering incoming phone calls and greeting guests at Groves Academy.
Paula can be reached directly at 952-915-4262 or email@example.com