Virtual Workshop- A Guide to Successful Writing Instruction
Dec 7, 7:00 pm
Presented by Ellen Engstrom, MA, Groves Academy Director of Curriculum
Everyone agrees that writing is an important skill to master, but so many students struggle. This workshop will address the difficulties that students encounter as they learn to write as well as how research based writing instruction can reduce or remove the barriers that prevent students from developing proficient writing skills. The workshop will address these questions:
– What is writing?
– What are the benefits of having good writing skills?
– Why do so many students struggle with writing?
– What is the foundation of proficient writing?
– What type of writing should be the focus of instruction?
– What materials are necessary to teach writing?