Giving to Groves
Thanks to the generosity of our friends and family in the community, Groves Academy educates nearly 220 students a year in our day school and impacts more than 4,000 families through our various outreach programs. Our supporters help make Groves the leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders in the state and a center for literacy instruction and education.
Groves Academy was the vision of a dedicated group of parents who wanted to establish a school for students with learning disabilities in Minnesota. From the time the school first opened its doors in 1972 with an enrollment of 28 students, Groves Academy has evolved into a nationally renowned school and center for literacy. Over the past 40 years, Groves Academy has:
• Raised more than $7.5 million in scholarship money
• Provided scholarships to nearly 1,200 students
• Maintained an average class size of 8 students
• Completed a $7 million renovation and expansion of its facilities
• Launched a community outreach program that provides diagnostic testing, summer school, teacher training and educational workshops and symposia to more than 4,000 people per year
• Twice received the U.S. Department of Education’s Excellence in Education Award
If you are interested in supporting Groves Academy, please contact the Advancement Office at 952-915-4258 or by email at Advancement@grovesacademy.org for more information. Groves Academy is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.