Other Teacher Training Workshops
Groves Academy is Minnesota's leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders, and a center for literacy instruction, education and advocacy in the Midwest. We are proud to be one of Minnesota's leading providers of professional development opportunities to educators and professionals who work with students with learning disabilities and attention disorders.
At Groves Academy, we understand that educator knowledge is the critical factor which determines student success. Thus, we are committed to delivering themost comprehensive assortment of workshops on the advocacy, instruction and assessment of learning disabilities and attention disorders.
Click on the links below to learn more about each of the 2014-15 Groves Academy's Teacher Training Workshops.
- Kansas Strategies Workshop June 17-18
- Wilson Reading System Introductory Workshop June 10-12
- Wilson Reading System Level I Summer Intensive Certification Program June 29- July 31
- Wilson Reading System® Group Mastery: Advanced Strategies for Instruction August 5- August 7
- Wilson Reading System Introductory Workshop August 10-12
- Just Words Introductory Workshop August 13-14
- The Five Strands of Reading: Phonemic Awareness September 23
- The Five Strands of Reading: Phonics October 27
- The Five Strands of Reading: Fluency December 2
- The Five Strands of Reading: Comprehension January 15
- The Five Strands of Reading: Vocabulary February 19
- Assistive Technology for Students with ADHD and Executive Function Challenges Sept. 25
- Assistive Technology for Reading and Writing October 13
- Improving Reading Comprehension and Study Skills: The Key Comprehension Routine Oct. 23
- Vocabulary Development: Direct Instruction of Questioning Terms November 18
- Assistive Technology for Note-Taking, Study Skills, and Test Prep February 24
- Kurzweil 3000: A Hands-On Guide for Reading, Writing, and Study Skills March 17
- Understanding Dyslexia May 28
In addition to teacher training programs offered at Groves, we are available to provide a variety of professional development workshops at your school or business. Click here for a complete listing of available topics.
To learn more about these training programs or to register, please click on a link above or contact Colee Bean at email@example.com or 952-915-4297. Registration is required. Certificates of attendance will be offered for continuing education credits (CEUs).
For a comprehensive calendar for Groves workshops, events, conferences and teacher training, view a pdf version of the 2014-15 Groves Outreach calendar brochure here.