The overall goal of the Career Pathway component is to provide transition-age students with career development and work experience opportunities that lead to continued post-secondary training and/or employment. This component may be thought of as a Gap-Year activity.
For more information, please download our GPS Program brochure. If you are interested in enrollment, you can also access the Parent Application and the Student Application, as well as the Groves Academy Post-Secondary Planning Guide.
Career Counseling Services include:
• Career development instruction designed to explore interests/abilities and prepare for internship opportunities
• Individualized paid internship placement with ongoing support. Internships are tailored to interest areas and can run in length from nine-weeks to nine-months.
• Assistance in seeking and keeping part-time employment
• Individualized and/or cohort social skills training
• Informational interviewing and job shadowing opportunities
• Access to e-mentoring experiences
• Program tryouts at a variety of technical colleges
• Written monthly feedback regarding transition plan goals
Systems Navigation Services include:
• Coordination with Vocational Rehabilitation Services and appropriate county waivers
• Guided resource and referral for housing and independent living support services
Lifeworks-Supported Employment Services include:
• Participation in a variety of community contracted employment sites
• Access to job coaching support • Individualized work adjustment assessments, job placement and extended employment support.