Welcome Groves Academy Parents!
Groves Academy is pleased to offer to its parents access to information you need to manage your relationship with the school. On this page, you'll find links to key documents and important information you can use everyday. Check back often for updates.
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 3:00PM
Main Phone Number & Attendance Contact
PlusPortal site for parents from Rediker Software
Link to PlusPortal
Construction, Directions, and Drop-Off and Pick-Up info
There is continued construction near Groves Academy. Please view our recently updated notice and directions for the best way to get to school, leave school, and how to do student drop-off and pick-up.
Athletics at Groves Academy:
Extracurricular Activities at Groves Academy:
Homecoming Week Activities (9/28-10/2)
- Monday: America Monday - wear red, white and blue. There is a pep fest held at 2:30PM in the gym.
- Tuesday: Tacky Wacky Tuesday - wear mismatched clothes and hats. The Staff vs. Student Soccer game will be held at 2:00PM out on the field near the playground. Parents are invited to watch.
- Wednesday: Griffin Pride Wednesday - wear your blue and white. Middle School and Upper School students are invited to participate in a tailgating party at Groves Academy from 3:15 - 4:15PM. A fan bus will be available for Middle School and Upper School students to take to the Homecoming Soccer game. The bus leaves Groves Academy at 4:30PM and all students who wish to ride, must have a completed permission form turned in by 9/29. The bus will bring the students back to Groves Academy by 6:45PM. The game is at 5:00PM vs. St. Paul Prep. Game will be held at Louisiana Oaks Park, Field 1.
- Thursday: Neon Thursday - wear neon clothes and/or accessories. This is a Late Start Day where school begins at 10:30AM.
- Friday: Fancy Friday - dress your best. Upper School Homecoming Dance is from 7:30-10:30PM.
Homecoming t-shirts will be sold for $10 before and after school this week. Buy early as there are limited quanities and sizes available. Wear them on Wednesday!
Groves Academy Spirit Wear
Online Store Orders available 9/15 - 10/15. Pick up in November at Groves Academy.
Groves School Pack: Want to skip shopping and buy your school supplies directly from Groves? Sign up for a Groves School Pack and it will be delivered to your student on the first day of school. Questions? Contact Peter Shutte at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-915-4270.
Faculty & Staff Directory
The student/parent/family directory is online and connected to the ParentPortal. Parents are included on an opt-in basis, so we need you to provide access to your information. You have complete control over what contact information is shared and you can opt back out at any time.
Parent Student Handbook
Friday, 10/23/15, Retake: Friday, 11/20/15
Staff to Get to Know at Groves Academy
Amy Luffey: Amy has been part of the Groves Academy staff for 15 years. She enjoys being a part of a positive transformation in a child's life. Amy is located at the main desk inside the lobby doors. Amy has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. The ones most helpful for you as a parent to know about are:
- Attendance: Groves Academy accounts for all students by 8:45AM. Amy encourages all parents to save the main phone number (952-920-6377) in their cell phones so they can call and let her know if their child will be absent, if they have an appointment, or will be late (no later than 8:45AM). Parents can leave a voicemail prior to 8:00AM or also email Amy this information. Amy relays this information to the student's teachers.
- Student-Parent Communication Liason: Amy serves as a liaison between parents and teachers and parents and their children throughout the school-day by relaying messages.
- Transportation: Amy helps with coordinating transportation, carpool routes, and busing schedules.
- After School Activities: Amy assists Curtis Olufson with the coordination of the ASA program.
- Health Office: Amy assists Patty Reuben, the nurse at Groves Academy.
- Reception: Amy answers the majority of the incoming phone calls at Groves Academy.
Patty Reuben, Nurse: Patty is a licensed practical nurse and she started her position at Groves Academy in December of 2014. Patty is always current on the necessary certifications – i.e. First aid, CPR, and AED. The health office at Groves Academy provides preventative health services to student and staff ensuring optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. Patty supports the education process by working with other staff at Groves Academy to ensure the health of all students. Some of the duties she provides are:
- First Aid: Performs minor first aid and treatment as needed.
- Medication: Patty coordinates and administers medication for students with a doctor’s order. She also provides over the counter medication with parent permission.
- Medical Records: Patty maintains records regarding immunizations, medications, sports physicals, etc. for each student.
Patty can be contacted directly at 952-915-4264 or at email@example.com
Paula Sundberg: Paula has been the Office Manager for five years. Paula is located just inside the main office. Paula has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. Below are a few that are helpful for you to know:
- Head of School's Assistant: Paula manages John Alexander's schedule/calendar. Please contact Paula to schedule a meeting with Mr. Alexander.
- Student Records: Paula manages the student files.
- Groves Parent Ambassadors (GPA) Staff Liason: Paula serves as the staff liason for this volunteer parent group.
- Reception: Paula assists in answering incoming phone calls and greeting guests at Groves Academy.
Paula can be reached directly at 952-915-4262 or firstname.lastname@example.org