Welcome Groves Academy Parents!
Groves Academy is pleased to offer to its parents access to information you need to manage your relationship with the school. On this page, you'll find links to key documents and important information you can use everyday. Check back often for updates.
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 3:00PM
Main Phone Number & Attendance Contact
PlusPortal site for parents from Rediker Software
Link to PlusPortal
Groves Academy Driving Directions and Drive-Thru line information
Please view our recently updated driving directions for the best way to get to school, leave school, and how to do student drop-off and pick-up.
100th Day Service Project: Groves will participate in a service project from January 23 - February 13th, celebrating the 100th day of school. Each classroom will collect 100 items to support PRISM, a local 501 (c) 3 focused on providing healthy food, proper clothing and housing stability which empower people to build healthy, stable lives. If you would like more information about PRISM, please visit http://prismmpls.org.
ACT Registration: The student will need to log on to www.actstudent.org and register for a test. During the registration process, the student will be asked if they need accommodations to access our test. They will say yes and then choose “special testing” which is extended time over multiple days. Approximately 48 hours after the registration has been completed, the student will receive an email that they will need to forward on to Ms. Jonas (email@example.com) so that the school can request accommodations for the student.
2016/2017 ACT National Test Dates
April 8th (Registration deadline: March 3rd)
June 10th (Registration deadline: May 5th)
School Tour and Information Sessions for Potential Parents: Groves Academy school tours are a good way for current Groves families to introduce our school to their family and friends who are interested in learning more about the transformative work we do. Tours and panel discussions relevant for families interested in both summer programs and our school admissions processes. Next tours are on 2/8 and 3/8, with link here: http://www.grovesacademy.org/about-groves/request-information/.
Athletics/Activities at Groves Academy:
Busing and Carpool information Please contact Amy Luffey with questions at 952.920.6377.
Faculty & Staff Directory
All Groves Academy Faculty & Staff
The student/parent/family directory is online and available through the ParentPortal. This directory is coming soon.
Parent Student Handbook
2016- 2017 Parent Student Handbook
2016-2017 Curriculum Guide
All Groves students have a membership to Learning Ally - a helpful assistive technology application and the world's largest collection of audible books.
Groves Parent Organization (GPO)
GPO is the parent volunteer organization at Groves Academy. Its mission is to bring families together and build community by encouraging and supporting Groves friendships, both parent and child, through fun and fellowship. This promotes a sense of community among parents and families of Groves Academy through school and social events.
Groves School Store
The school store provides a safe environment for the students of Groves Academy to hang out and purchase snacks. It also is a place for students to socialize with others and to bring the school together as a whole. The school store also provides a place for students to learn about the working environment. More information here.
Music Lessons for Groves Students - Voice, guitar, ukulele, and piano lessons offered.
Occupational Therapy services for Groves students - To help enhance students' ability to learn.
Skill Sparks - A social skills education program dedicated to helping youth learn and practice social skills in a fun and supportive environment.
PACER Center STEM programs - The PACER Center offers Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs for children.
Staff to Get to Know at Groves Academy
Amy Luffey: Amy has been part of the Groves Academy staff for 15 years. She enjoys being a part of a positive transformation in a child's life. Amy is located at the main desk inside the lobby doors. Amy has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. The ones most helpful for you as a parent to know about are:
- Attendance: Groves Academy accounts for all students by 8:45AM. Amy encourages all parents to save the main phone number (952-920-6377) in their cell phones so they can call and let her know if their child will be absent, if they have an appointment, or will be late (no later than 8:45AM). Parents can leave a voicemail prior to 8:00AM or also email Amy this information. Amy relays this information to the student's teachers.
- Student-Parent Communication Liason: Amy serves as a liaison between parents and teachers and parents and their children throughout the school-day by relaying messages.
- Transportation: Amy helps with coordinating transportation, carpool routes, and busing schedules.
- After School Activities: Amy assists Curtis Olufson with the coordination of the ASA program.
- Health Office: Amy assists the nurse at Groves Academy.
- Reception: Amy answers the majority of the incoming phone calls at Groves Academy.
Nurse: Groves Academy has a licensed practical nurse who is current on the necessary certifications – i.e. First aid, CPR, and AED. The health office at Groves Academy provides preventative health services to student and staff ensuring optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. The school nurse supports the education process by working with other staff at Groves Academy to ensure the health of all students. Some of the duties the nurse provides are:
- First Aid: Performs minor first aid and treatment as needed.
- Medication: Coordinates and administers medication for students with a doctor’s order, and provides over-the-counter medication with parent permission.
- Medical Records: Maintains records regarding immunizations, medications, sports physicals, etc. for each student.
The school nurse can be contacted directly at 952-915-4264.
Paula Sundberg: Paula has been the Office Manager for five years. Paula is located just inside the main office. Paula has a variety of duties she performs on a daily basis. Below are a few that are helpful for you to know:
- Executive Director's Assistant: Paula manages John Alexander's calendar. Please contact Paula to schedule a meeting with Mr. Alexander.
- Student Records: Paula manages the student files.
- Groves Parent Organization (GPO): Paula supports Colin Roney with this volunteer parent group.
- Reception: Paula assists in answering incoming phone calls and greeting guests at Groves Academy.
Paula can be reached directly at 952-915-4262 or firstname.lastname@example.org