Parent and Educator Workshops
Groves Academy is pleased to offer Minnesota's most comprehensive assortment of workshops on the advocacy, instruction and assessment of learning disabilities and attention disorders. Workshops are designed to support the needs of both parents and educators, and are offered to the community at a significantly reduced cost due to the generosity of the friends and family of Groves Academy.
Below, you will find a complete listing of Groves Academy's 2012-13 workshops, as well as workshops offered by our partner organizations. The majority of Groves Outreach workshops are open to the public, unless otherwise noted. Please click on a link below to learn more. Note that some speakers make copies of their presentations available after the workshop. Presentations can be accessed by clicking here.
- Wilson Language Training Overview (Oct)
- Study Skills for High School Students and Parents
- The ACT, SAT and Students with Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know (Oct)
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Live Scribe Hands-On Introduction
- Inspiration Hands-On: Write a Better Paper
- Assistive Technology (AT) Enhancing Academic Success
- Assistive Technology for a Successful Transition to College
- Organizing the Unorganized Student: Executive Function
- Overview of ADHD and the 12 Best Principles for Managing a Child or Teen with ADHD
- College and Post-Secondary Transition Planning
- ADHD Strategies Based on a Developmental Perspective
- Working Memory and Processing Speed
- Nonverbal Learning Disabilities
- Diagnostic Assessments
- Supporting Struggling Students in Math
- ACT and SAT Testing for Students with Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know
- Wilson Language Training Overview (Apr)
- Maximizing Learning Potential: The Effects of Stress and Anxiety
- Universal Design for Learning
- LiveScribe Hands-On Introduction for Note-Taking
- Learning About Dyslexia
If you have any questions, please contact Colee Bean, Associate Director of Groves Outreach, at 952-915-4297 or email@example.com.
For a comprehensive calendar for Groves workshops, events, conferences and teacher training, view a pdf version of the 2012-13 Groves Outreach calendar brochure here.