Who We Are
Groves Academy is the leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders, as well as a center for literacy instruction, education and advocacy in the state of Minnesota. Groves Academy enrolls 250 students in its school, and through Groves Academy's Community Outreach arm, impacts the lives of more than 5,000 people each year.
More about Groves Academy:
- Pioneer in learning disabilities and attention disorders, with 43 years of experience
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Groves Academy is Minnesota’s only established independent day school serving children with learning disabilities and attention disorders from throughout the Midwest and across the U.S.
- Expert staff and teachers, 70% with advanced degrees, use a scientifically-based approach that incorporates best practices
- Average class size of eight (8) creates strong relationships and a sense of trust between students and teachers
- Education enhancement options for non-enrolled students through The Learning Center at Groves Academy® including: tutoring, summer programs, speech and language therapy, career counseling, assistive technology, and college support
- Leading provider of diagnostic assessments
- Minnesota’s foremost provider of Wilson Reading System® training and certification
- Offers learning disability and attention disorder workshops and events
- Literacy leader; sought-after staff invited to join national literacy reform task forces
Groves Academy is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit educational institution that relies on support from our families and our community in order to continue our transformative work every day.