Who We Are
Groves Academy is the leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders, as well as a center for literacy instruction, education and advocacy in the state of Minnesota. Groves Academy enrolls 250 students in its school, and through The Learning Center at Groves Academy®, we impact the lives of more than 5,000 people each year.
More about Groves Academy:
- Pioneer in learning disabilities and attention disorders, with over 40 years of experience
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Groves Academy is Minnesota’s only established independent day school serving children with learning disabilities and attention disorders from throughout the Midwest and across the U.S.
- Expert staff and teachers, 70% with advanced degrees, use a scientifically-based approach that incorporates best practices
- Average class size of eight (8) creates strong relationships and a sense of trust between students and teachers
- Education enhancement options for non-enrolled students through The Learning Center at Groves Academy including: tutoring, summer programs, speech and language therapy, career counseling, and assistive technology
- Leading provider of diagnostic assessments
- Minnesota’s foremost provider of Wilson Reading System® training and certification
- Offers learning disability and attention disorder workshops and events to the community
- Literacy leader; sought-after staff invited to join national literacy reform task forces
Groves Academy is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit educational institution that relies on support from our families and our community in order to continue our transformative work every day.