Who We Are
Groves Academy is the leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders, as well as a center for literacy instruction, education and advocacy in the state of Minnesota.
Groves Academy enrolls 250 students in its school, and through The Learning Center at Groves Academy and the Institute for Professional Learning at Groves Academy, we impact the lives of more than 5,000 people each year.
More about Groves Academy:
- Groves is a pioneer in teaching those who have learning disabilities and attention disorders, with over 40 years of experience - comprised of three programs:
- Groves Academy - Our School
- The Learning Center at Groves Academy
- The Institute for Professional Learning at Groves Academy
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Groves Academy is Minnesota’s only established independent school serving children with learning disabilities and attention disorders from throughout the Midwest and across the U.S.
- Our school faculty and staff have expertise in the field of educating children with learning differences: 70% with advanced degrees, using a scientifically-based approach that incorporates best practices
- Our school has an average class size of eight students, which creates strong relationships and a sense of trust between students and teachers
- The Learning Center at Groves Academy serves families in the community who do not attend our school and would benefit from our expertise.
- Groves is a leading provider of psychoeducational assessments, conducting 500 assessments annually
- Other services provided by The Learning Center include tutoring, summer programs, speech and language therapy, career counseling, and assistive technology
- The Institute for Professional Learning at Groves Academy is a leading provider of literacy training for educators and schools
- We share the evidence-based teacher methods from our school to advance literacy instructions with other teachers, schools, and organizations
- Groves staff are sought-after to speak on literacy and join national literacy reform task forces
- Each year, Groves offers community workshops and events related to learning disabilities and attention disorders which are open to the public
Groves Academy is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit educational institution that relies on support from our families and our community in order to continue our transformative work every day.