Who We Are
Groves Academy is the leading school for students with learning disabilities and attention disorders, as well as a center for literacy instruction, education and advocacy in the state of Minnesota. Groves Academy enrolls 220 students in its day school, and through Groves Academy's Community Outreach arm, impacts the lives of nearly 4,000 people in the state each year.
More about Groves Academy:
- Pioneer in learning disabilities and attention disorders, with over 40 years experience
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Groves Academy is Minnesota’s only established independent day school serving children with learning disabilities and attention disorders from throughout the Midwest and across the U.S.
- Expert staff and teachers, 70% with advanced degrees, use a scientifically-based approach that incorporates best practices
- Average class size of eight (8) creates strong relationships and a sense of trust between students and teachers
- Extensive part-time education options for non-enrolled students, including tutoring, summer school, ACT prep and post secondary programs
- Leading provider of diagnostic assessments
- Minnesota’s foremost provider of Wilson Reading System® training and certification
- Wide array of literacy workshops and events
- Literacy leader; sought-after staff invited to join national literacy reform task forces